|LoL at my smirk!|
- Even though I color my hair various shades of red, I am a natural redhead. I started out with red hair, which changed to blonde, which changed to brown, which changed to auburn. No matter what color I put on my hair, the red stays. It's even a pain to try to bleach to blonde....I've tried several times and failed. So red it stays. Yes, I do have the freckles as well.
- Chick-fil-A is like my favorite fast food....well besides The Varsity which now I need to go visit soon. Anyway, in high school I'd take money my grandmother had given me to buy chicken biscuits every morning for breakfast. CFA was one of the few things I could keep down during my entire pregnancy with my kiddo. I swear their chicken and tea are like crack....I'm totally addicted.
- On the topic of food(can you tell I'm starving at this particular moment?), my favorite donuts are Krispy Kreme. I remember one time riding in the back of an ambulance on my way to the ER with the EMT trying to hook an IV up to me and I'm whining that I saw the hot sign on and didn't have my phone with me to call my mom(who was behind us) to turn around and go get me some. Thankfully my dad brought me one with Starbucks the next morning.
- I was a total tomboy growing up. I still kinda am as I don't really dress girly much at all. I played softball, basketball, & bowled. I was always out playing some type of sport with the boys as well.
- I once worked for an ambulance service. I worked on the non-emergency side and transported dialysis patients to & from appointments along with medicare patients. I met some interesting people and learned how to get around town rather quickly. It was long hours, but the people I worked with made up for it.
- TV shows are one of my obsessions. I'm completely addicted to them. Old and new. Friends, Sex & The City, House, Bones, Drop Dead Diva, Game Of Thrones, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Beauty And The Beast, RHOA, Army Wives, Chicago Fire, Rizzoli & Isles, Covert Affairs, How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, NCIS: LA, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. Thank goodness for my DVR.
- I have HUGE family....well technically, by blood I have a small one...but when you're raised with people as your family though marriage, divorce shouldn't matter.
- HI, my name is Harri and I'm a goo hoarder. No seriously. I have at least 5 different lip balms currently sitting on my desk, plus the numerous lip products I have in my purse, on my nightstand, and in my bathroom. I have at least 10 lotions on my desk plus the ones in those other places. I think my body spray/perfume stash area is completely full at like 15-20. Not to mention all the hair products & shower gels I have in my bathroom. It's redonk. THOUGH, with my empties posts each month I've actually been forcing myself to use stuff and not just let it sit around.
- Unlike most people, I'd much rather text, email, or message on Facebook than speak on the phone. My last job was in a call center and I think that killed everything for me.
- When shaving my legs, I ALWAYS seem to miss a spot. I never notice it until later when I'm just sitting around or something. It's a pain.
- I forget stuff easily. I have notes stuck everywhere, I screenshot stuff on my phone to remember things, I even have people text me when they're sitting right in front of me so I don't forget things. It's bad. I worked in a warehouse once where I was constantly writing stuff on my hand.
- I've never really cared for the color orange, but lately I've been obsessed with it in polish form only. Weird.
- I used to have an extremely thick southern accent. Like so thick that when I went on a trip to California, people looked at my funny when I spoke. As I started working around more people from all over the US, the accent kinda disappeared, but it still comes out at times. Especially when I'm tired or have been drinking.....or when I'm picking on my sister for her accent.
- Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I used to beg for money to go to the bookstore or ask to to go the library ALL the time. Sweet Vally High, The Babysitters Club, etc. Then as I got older I was hooked on John Grisham & he was all I'd read. It took a while to be turned onto new authors such as Patricia Cornwell, JR Ward, Laurell K Hamilton, and many others. Now I read so many different series that when a new one comes out I have to re-read ALL the books before the new one. I'm currently trying to read the Game Of Thrones series, but can't seem to get into the books for some reason.
- My nightstand is a disaster, there's stuff everywhere. Mostly nail care products, lotions, medicines, etc. I often wake in the middle of the night in pain and don't want to have to go search my bathroom for something to take on top of having to grab something to take it with. It's just easier, for me, to have it right next to me.
- I think I've actually admitted to this before, but yes....I'm in my mid 30's and still sleep with a teddy bear. It's just something comforting for me and I find that if I don't have one, I have nightmares.
- I cannot sleep if I"m cold. I have to be warm, especially my feet. I pretty much sleep with an electric blanket year-round. During the summer, it's on a low setting and higher during winter.
- With the above said, I hate summer....and winter. My 2 favorite seasons are spring and fall. I love when it's warm enough outside to roll the windows down and ride around or hang outside with friends & at night you can throw pants on or have a fire going in the pit.
- I didn't see Pulp Fiction or Clerks until like 5 years after they came out. From then on, they were 2 of my many favorite movies. I didn't even see The Boondock Saints until a few years ago & it came out in 1999. There's still a HUGE list of movies I need to watch, maybe I'll do that this week.
- While I listen to most genres of music....country is by far my favorite. I've been to more country concerts than anything else.
- I hate paying full price for anything. I'm always trying to find a deal or sale or coupon for something. AND, if it's not on sale I look for the cheapest place or best deal I can find. It was a habit I picked up when I got out of school and moved in with my mom. I always shopped the clearance racks first before anything else.
- When I first meet people, I'm kinda quiet. Until I get to know them, then if I like them...I'm talking and picking on them. If I really like you, I pick on you.
- This one you probably do know....well at least if you follow me on Instagram. My son is my world. He's the reason I wake up every day and is the best thing that has EVER happened to me. He'll be 8 in November and I'm so thankful for him every day. I post pictures of him or of cute stuff he does all the time.
- I suffer from migraines. When I had insurance the neurologist said I had "daily headaches caused by a migraine". Whatever that is. I do know some of my triggers.....liquor(beer and wine are fine), bright light for extended periods of time, too much loudness, dehydration, certain smells(especially horrible ones), too much sun exposure, lack of sleep, stress, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Each migraine is different, some way worse than others. It's strange.
- I learned how to shoot with a BB gun and my targets were coins taped to a poster. My dad told me & my brother if we could hit our targets we got to keep the change. Once we cleared our "board" we could move to the other one. Yeah, I took most of the money. Then a few years later I embarrassed him at the range with my marksmanship, my spread was the size of a quarter & his was all over the place.
Wow, that was harder than I thought. A lot of times I'd think of something while I was away from the computer & totally forgot it by the time I got back. It also took way longer than I'd planned, but I have focusing issues too.
What are some random things about y'all??? Leave a comment.