*some products provided for review*
It's that time again. All of my empties for the month of April. I didn't finish up as much as I'd hoped, but I did get a decent amount of stuff cleared out.
I'll post the video at the bottom, so you can just scroll down and watch if you want. Warning, I say "UM" a lot. Otherwise I'm listing it below. :D
- White Barn Hot Buttered Rum 3 wick candle from Bath & Body Works. This was a holiday scent, which is no longer available. I'm hoping they bring it back this year. It smells amazing....buttered rum, smooth caramel, and a hint of bourbon. I'm not sure what the actual drink smells like because I can't drink it, but if it's like this OMG. The scent filled my entire house and it was just warm and comforting. I will definitely be cleaning out the jar to use as a brush holder.
- Winter Spice & Vanilla hand soap from Bath & Body Works. This was also a holiday scent, which is no longer available(SORRY!!!). They do still have a gingerbread one on the website. This scent was amazing as well. Like vanilla extract when you're mixing it in with cookies. I hate seeing this one go & wish I had picked up more than just one bottle.
- Country Apple shower gel from Bath & Body Works. The scent on this was "meh". Not as great as a Philosophy apple shower gel I had a few years ago. I got this last spring during their semi-annual clearance sale for $3, but it's still available on their website. I've not seen it in stores. I don't think I'd repurchase this as it's not as moisturizing as I need.
- Buttercream Cupcake Shower Smoothie hand & body cream from ULTA. This also is no longer available. I picked this up a while ago on clearance for $4.99. I know this is my empties post, but I just can't bring myself to empty this bottle. I have less than half left. Just can't do it. It's really sickening sweet & the scent lingers all day.
- Milk & Honey Body Butter from E.L.F. Yet another product that is no longer available. I loved the scent and the product, but not the customer service from this company. I did a whole post a while back about the horrible experience I had. I wish they still made these, but all they do now is lotion wipes.
- Rain Body Butter from Ziran Body. GAH, ANOTHER one that's no longer available. I can't even locate the company anymore at all. This was a handmade product which didn't keep the scent that long. I believe it was supposed to be used within 6 months of the date it was made, but I'm a slacker for using products. I ended up using this up by using it to moisturize my cuticles after polish cleanup & helping keep polish from staining my nails when removing.
- Jasmine Avojuice lotion by OPI. This was the first avojuice I have tried, let alone used up. I do have another one to finish. I like how moisturizing this is but I'm not 100% sold on the scent. It's much better than my other one(which I can't find to tell you what scent it is). I definitely want to try more from this line. Especially since I just saw they have a Sweet Tea one. Every southern girl needs sweet tea.
- Kirkland Acid Reducer. 150mg Ranitidine. This is the least expensive OTC medicine I've found that helps with my reflux issues. It doesn't fully help, but works better than everything else I've tried OTC. I think it runs around $7 for 2 bottles of 95 tablets.
- Remove+ polish remover by Zoya. I got this with a 3 polish set at Christmas. I love Remove+, but the fragrance sometimes aggrivates me. I have my own faux version made up & will go back to using it up, but will use the bottle to refill for cleanup around my cuticles.
- Bona Clara skincare products. See the link for my review. I finished up the scrub, cleanser, serum, and toner.
- Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion with Aloe. This was a sample from a Target Beauty bag. I liked it, the scent was great & it moisturized really well. I don't know that I would spend $8 on the big bottle, but at least I know how well I like it in case I find it on sale or have a coupon.
- Reve de Miel face cream by Nuxe. I received a sample with something, can't remember what. I didn't read this before using it. I did use it as a night cream, but it's for dry skin. I looked like an oil slick the next morning. So, the following evening I used it as a hand cream instead and LOVED it. It smells like honey. They do have a hand cream available that is like this, but it's $19. :(
- KeraPure Keratin Blowout Extender. A close friend purchased this a while back and ended up giving it to me to try after she went real short with her hair. The product worked great, but the smell agitated my sinuses and made me sneeze every time I used it. It smells like fresh cut flower stems. I don't know that I would purchase this, based solely on the price. Don't get me wrong, it works fabulously, but I cringe knowing my friend paid that much for it.
So I notice that some of the products I've had forever I finally used up & unfortunately it wasn't before they were discontinued. I also notice I used up a good amount of lotions that I've had laying around. That's a great feeling because I'm bad about using them and really need to more often.
I can't wait to see what I can finish up in May. What have you finished up recently?