Can you create a FOTD for $20 or less? Show us what products you would use!
For this, we are not figuring sales tax, brushes, tools, or implements. Just the regular cost of the actual make-up products.
I was unable to get a decent picture of my actual FOTD using these products, plus I didn't want y'all to see the HUGE planet that has taken up residence on my cheek.
- Garnier BB Cream - Combination to oily skin - light/medium - $11.97 (Wal-Mart) ~ I applied this all over my face using just my fingers, of course like a regular foundation, and it pretty much covered everything. I did take a little extra to dab over the remnants of my zit and it almost fully erased it. It's a multi-tasker....PLUS has SPF 20 which I need and advise EVERYONE to use some sort of SPF.
- E.L.F. Eyelid Primer - $1.00 (Target, eyeslipsface.com) ~ I can't use shadow without primer...period. My lids are too oily not to. While this doesn't compare to UDPP, in my opinion, it's the least expensive alternative....if the Wet N Wild one wasn't almost $5 I would have included it because it's amazeballz.
- Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio - Silent Treatment - $2.99 (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart) ~ This is by far my go to palette. I used the taupe eyelid color all over the lid & slightly up into the crease using the sponge applicator. Then I used the little brush applicator and swept the shimmery pink-ish browbone shade all over the browbone and the inner corner of the eye. Lastly, I used a slanted eyeliner brush and applied the dark crease color as close to the lash line as I could get it using it as my eyeliner. This, I do very often.
- E.L.F. Lengthening & Defining Mascara - $1.00 (Target & eyeslipsface.com) ~ meh, It's mascara...we know what it does. It's not my favorite....but it works.
- L.A. Colors Blush - Pink Blush - $1.00 (Dollar Tree) ~ This is a bolder pink in the container than it is on my face. It's sheer, but buildable. In fact, I use it A LOT. I've almost hit pan on it and I've NEVER EVER EVER(see what I did there) hit pan on a blush.
- Wet N Wild Lipstick - Bare It All 902C - $1.99 (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart) ~ A matte nude lipstick that looked more orange on my hand than it did on my lips. I'm not usually a matte lip person, so I dipped my pinky into the Silent Treatment Trio browbone shade and applied it to the center of my bottom lip to add a little shimmer. Usually I have some sort of gloss on but I actually liked this.
Something I forgot to mention above is before I applied the darker shadow as a liner, I used the brush and applied the taupe shade to sorta fill in my brows. I've never used that shade before, but now I know that in a pinch, rush, whatever, I can use it for that purpose.
Now, I didn't use any powder, which I usually do, only because I "spent" the $11.97 on the BB Cream. I don't think the Wet N Wild Coverall Foundation has SPF or I would have gone with that and their new powder instead. As I told y'all in the last MABB beauty question, I'm a stickler for SPF.
- - - - - * - - - - -
Be sure to check out the other Metro Atlanta Beauty Bloggers' answers!
Ashley Elizabeth from Ashley Elizabeth's Beauty Blog
Dionne from Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes
Emma from Manicurity
Harri from TrailerHood Chic
Mandy from MandysSecrets
Pam from Pammy Blogs Beauty
Quinn from Mama Fashionista
If you would like to see previous questions and answers, you can do so by viewing the Question Archive here.
If you're a beauty blogger in the Metro Atlanta area and would like to join us, please visit our website! We would love to connect with you!