It's officially February and in my New Years Resolutions post, I stated I wanted to start doing these kinds of posts. This way I will make sure to use products I have. Especially the TON of body wash and lotions that I have. And with having 7 different products in this post I think I did pretty good for my first month.
I don't have a picture of one container because I had to pour it into a travel bottle back in July, but I'll list all that info below.
- Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Relax Body Lotion - Eucalyptus Spearmint. This entire scent line is now called Stress Relief rather than Relax. That's how long I've had this bottle. It's been at least 5 years. It's also a glass bottle, rather than the newer plastic ones. I purchased this because I loved the smell of the hand soap that I'd used once at my last job. I'm such a slacker when it comes to actually using lotions that this just sat around forever. I finally made myself finish it & I even cleaned the bottle to fill with dish soap for my kitchen. I would probably repurchase this, but it would have to be AFTER I use up the stash that I have is gone.
- Bath & Body Works Sun-Ripened Raspberry Shower Gel. I purchased this sometime last spring I think when BBW had a TON of stuff for like $3 each. I've loved this smell since High School & just had to have it again. Unfortunately, it was VERY drying and I didn't have a lotion in that scent to layer over it and ended up using the lotion above to finish it up. I don't know that I would purchase this again unless they improved it with the shea enriched formula.
- Suave Professionals Color Protection Shampoo. For some reason with my shorter hair I run out of shampoo before I do conditioner, which is total opposite of when I have longer hair. I didn't really find that this protected my hair color at all. I know reds are the hardest to maintain, but I've used plenty of other color protection shampoos that didn't seem to wash all the color out in one use. I am currently trying to use up the conditioner in this duo and would definitely not repurchase this.
- CND Speedey top coat. I won this in a giveaway from my lovely friend Katie. I really liked how well it worked and was comparable to most of the other fast dry top coats. However, I did find that for some reason it thickened up on me rather quick. A little thinner took care of the problem though. I really liked that the brush handle is kinda rubbery, so it didn't slip in my hands at all. I would definitely purchase this.
- Mainstays Vanilla Spice Triple Layer candle. I couldn't find this on Walmart.com to link it and I believe this is the only place you can find this brand. The 3 scents are vanilla spice, caramel creme, and vanilla bean. My sister was clearing a few of her candles out after we went Black Friday shopping and gave this(and a few others) to me. I really loved the smell of this as it went through each layer. This was the first layered candle I've ever had too & the scent filled the room. When I got it, there was about 3/4 of the jar left & part of the way into the bottom scent I let it burn a little too long and the wick got buried. I could probably dig it out, but that's too much work to dig down into the jar. So I'm calling this used. I'll have to check the price to see if I'd purchase this because I'm kinda addicted to the B&BW 3 wick candles that I can purchase on sale.
- NYC Extra Shiny Top Coat. I'm not sure where all you can get NYC, but I've seen it at both Target and Wal-Mart. AND it's under $1. I generally use these cheaper/longer drying top coats on my toes only since for some reason they dry faster. However, I was starting to get tired of constantly repurchasing quick dry top coats when I was mostly using them for swatches. If it's something I'm going to use very frequently & then take right back off, I'd rather use something that is less expensive. I'll eventually do a post of products I frequently use, but I already have another one of these ready to go after I finish using another basic top coat that I have.
Well, that wraps up this post. I'm going to try to do this monthly and maybe do a video next time so I can babble on it rather than you reading through my nonsense.
Have you tried any of these products? What products did you finish up in January?
**Note: This post contains affiliate links.**