While most of these are blog resolutions, some are personal too. I'd actually typed a LONG list, but narrowed it down to my top 1010.
- Comment more. I've been viewing blogs since before I started blogging 2 years ago and lately have really slacked on comments. I've just recently gotten back into the groove of doing it on YouTube, so I need to do it more on actual blogs. This also includes replying to the lovely comments y'all leave on my own blog. I do see them, because I approve them all, but I don't always reply or thank you.
- BLOG MORE!!! I know the past few months I've taken a few breaks or mini-breaks and while it's been for personal reasons, I need to get back into the habit of having enough content drafted to cover downtime. At one time I had enough content to take a month off from doing anything. It was nice.
- Use More! I have products that I use, but forget to blog about. Or ones that I use up I forget to do an empties post once I get a lot of them. I need to remind myself to use products up. Sometimes I put something aside when I don't like it and I end up liking it later. Or I use about 3/4 of it and toss it. That's money down the drain so to speak. Use the lotions, cuticle oils, body sprays, hair stuff, make-up, etc. that I have.
- Keep up with my social media accounts. In the past month, I've remembered to go into YouTube daily just to check a few videos that I subscribe to, before that I hadn't even looked for months. I missed out a lot. I'm rarely on Twitter, but I do usually share my Instagram pictures and blog posts on there. I always forget to post my blog pictures into my albums on Facebook, so I usually end up doing several at once and it fills up news feeds...I need to remember to do that daily. I go in and pin my own stuff daily, but forget to look at anything else. I need that inspiration in my life. I do mostly Facebook, and I check Instagram every morning after I go through my Facebook stuff.
- Move all of my stuff into one room and ORGANIZE!!! I got a Helmer for Christmas and I'm planning to move my computer into the "office" where my manicure desk is. I want it all in one spot so I'm not having to go back and forth after taking pictures to edit them. I can do it all in one spot and type up notes as I go. I'll be able to do my nails where I sit, then switch over to another chair and take the picture. I also have some new lamps(which need bulbs) to hopefully make the lighting situation a little better. That room will totally be mine, with the exception of sharing the tv with the kiddo. So it'll be nice to be able to do things without being bothered or without bothering them if it's too late.
- Re-do my blog. I've been saying this for a while that I need to sit and do my own layout & header, but I've not taken the time to do it. I really don't know what I want just yet, but I don't want to pay a lot to do it all. Especially when I have Photoshop and some basic skills to do it myself. Get a tab up of my basic/holy grail/things I use all the time products. Like what I use for swatches, what top coats I use on a regular basis, etc. In fact, if you have any questions for that post, please leave a comment and I'll include my answer once I get that up.
- Get myself on a schedule. I've trained myself to reward myself with computer time in between breaks from cleaning. Otherwise I'd never get anything done. I need to make a schedule for myself to ensure that I take time to do stuff for myself too. I generally multi-task like a mad woman, but sometimes it's just too much. Right now, I'm actually watching the boys play with stuff on the Xbox, catching up on my YouTube subscriptions, playing on Facebook, reading blog posts, and writing up this post.
- More NAIL ART!!! I have stamping plates that I rarely use, I gave up marbling after trying it twice, I suck at freehanding, BUT occasionally I do decent jobs. I have all these pretties and I need to do more than just swatch & wear them. I have the tools to do it, just not the motivation. I promise to try to do more.
- Take more ME time. Take time to spend with friends, read without being disturbed, take time just to relax. I've been stuck in a funk for a while and really haven't wanted to do anything. I'm working on that and working on bettering myself. Actually read, I've not been able to focus on reading or playing WoW at all.
- Open myself to new things. New authors, new movies(or even old ones I've never seen), new music(though I"m a music junkie), new make-up, new looks, colors, new artistic methods, etc. If I like something, I become instantly addicted to it. In fact, in the last year, I started watching at least 10 shows that I've never seen before or even thought I'd watch. Some things, such as food, are a little difficult to try due to some medical issues I have....but I can at least try.
I could honestly sit here and type a super long list, but I won't. Basically, I want to inspire and be inspired. I want to see beauty in life again and not so much ugly. Only I can change that. Only I can change me. With the things I want to change about myself, it's going to be a rough long road.....but I have to start having confidence in myself to follow through and finish the drill.
I've already started a few things I want to work on, I just need to do one thing at a time and believe in me. I also plan to do more with my kid. I'm hoping that, with his new Christmas presents, I can start doing a family game night a couple of times a month.
What are some resolutions that you have this year?