How do you feel about polish trends like nail art, crackle, "fish egg" manis, etc?
This is going to be another long one. :D
I'll start with trends that I like.
- I think my first type of nail art was a tape mani. Well, I did a blue/teal ombre using french tip stickers rather than tape....and this was at least a decade ago. Imagine if I had known about using scotch tape and a fast dry top coat back then. Since I discovered Chloe's Nails before I started blogging, tape has become a holy grail item in my manicure arsenal.
- Stamping, I love it and it has a slight learning curve, but it's such an easy way to be artistic. I really need to do more stamping and get more plates. Once you figure out the best way & the best polishes to use, the possibilities are endless.
- All sorts of other methods/trends I love include marbling(though I suck at water marbling), dry brush, saran wrap, straw, stringy, sponging, gradient, ombre etc.
- I <3 glitter tips. In fact, back in 1997(yes I'm dating myself here) I asked the nail tech at the salon to paint my tips silver with silver glitter. I started seeing it a LOT more after that, so I guess she liked it.
- I love the look of splatter, but haven't mastered it yet. I'm in the process of trying to empty some perfume spray samples to use them & see if I can get it to work.
- My most recent favorite is jelly sandwiches. Layering glitter between layers of a jelly polish. so pretty.
Now to the ones that I'm kinda over or don't like so much.
- I loved crackle, at first....now I'm sort of over it. Even though I have several crackle polishes. I think the overload from EVERY company is what killed it for me.
- Fish egg....SMH. I think it can look cute but some people just take it overboard. I would absolutely hate trying to remove them too.
- Flocking is just ugly IMO. I mean, yeah I could see wearing it for pictures or something, but not for an extended period of time. I'm so OCD about hand washing that I fear it would be ruined within minutes of application. Not to mention that removal is probably worse than glitter.
- I have a weird shaped pinky & absolutely NO talent at applying nail strips. Just can't seem to do it right. People love them, but they're just not for me. Neither are press on nails.
There are still a bunch that I want to try.....cloud, ruffian, outlined, saran wrap. The list goes on & on. I'm sure there's a few of each that I forgot about, but that's not unusual for me.
What's your favorite/least favorite trends??
- - - - - * - - - - -
Be sure to check out the other Metro Atlanta Beauty Bloggers' answers!
Emma from Manicurity
Harri from TrailerHood Chic
Mandy from MandysSecrets
Missy from Gnarly Gnails
Pam from Pammy Blogs Beauty
Quinn from Mama Fashionista
If you would like to see previous questions and answers, you can do so by viewing the Question Archive here.
If you're a beauty blogger in the Metro Atlanta area and would like to join us, please visit our website! We would love to connect with you!