1. how old were you when you started wearing makeup? Probably my early teens, I believe I was in middle school when I was finally allowed to wear it.
2. how did you get into makeup? Hmmm, I don't really remember for sure. I remember going to my MiMi's(mothers mother)house and looking in her hall closet and seeing lots of high end products in there. I was shocked at how many different lipsticks she had. My Granny(dad's mom) didn't hardly have anything. I think I started out wearing CoverGirl stuff, but wasn't really taught much how to wear it, just had to figure stuff out on my own.
3. what are some of your favorite brands? For the longest time I'd have said nothing but Bare Escentuals. And since this is my "makeup" story, I'll leave hair/skin brands out of this. Lately I've gotten back into makeup and have become somewhat obsessed with a few lines. Wet N Wild has really stepped up their game, E.L.F., Rimmel, NYX, NYC, Revlon Colorstay line, Josie Maran, Urban Decay,
4. what does makeup mean to you? To me, it's a way to accentuate(sp?) beauty. I don't have the most perfect skin ever, and like to hide that to express how beautiful I feel. Plus, it's a confidence booster. Not to mention, it's just so much fun to play with.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be? Tough one. I'd have to say primer (I have no problem using the same one for eyes & face), foundation, an all over face color such as BE's Healthy Radiance(I LOVE to wear that as an eye AND cheek color), and eyeliner.I've done that look before and it's kinda my lazy day/neutral look.
6. what is your favorite thing about makeup? Just the fun of it. Making my beautiful blue eyes stand out and hiding my crater pores. LoL
7. what do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup? Yanno, I started out using NOTHING but drugstore makeup, because I couldn't afford the high end stuff. I did sorta drift to the high end stuff when I could afford it, but not the top of the high end spectrum. I always looked out for deals like kits on QVC that you couldn't get anywhere else and you could get everything you needed for a fraction of the price. BUT, since I've recently gotten back into playing with make-up I'm discovering some drugstore products that I'm totally IN LOVE with. So, if you can afford it, I'd say do one or both. If you're on a budget, like I am, stick with drugstore brands and look for sales/coupons!
8. what is the 1 piece of advice you'd give any beginner? I can't choose just one, so I'll state 2. First, I'd suggest purchasing make-up from a store that has a return policy. That way if you don't like it, you have no problem taking it back for an exchange or refund. Secondly, if you want the HIGH end stuff, I'd suggest going to Sephora (I dunno if Ulta does this)....not only do they have testers, but they have a wonderful sales staff, AND you can get samples of products to try before you buy. If they don't have pre-packaged samples, THEY'LL MAKE YOU ONE!!! I have several samples of purfumes in my bathroom!
9. what makeup trend have you never understood? Yanno, I really can't think of one.....I'd say blue eyeshadow, but I've used it myself and liked it. I used to wear black lipstick in high school. I'd have to say maybe blue lipstick?? Like that really bright blue.